Animoji is an app inside Messages that lets you send animated images of 12 emoji-styled characters. The clever thing is that, using the iPhone X’s face detection software, the facial expressions of the animated emoji characters match your own. You become the emoji! Here’s how to use Animoji on the iPhone X.
How to make and send Animoji on iPhone X
1. Open a conversation with another iPhone user in Messages.
2. Select iMessage apps, which is located to the left of the compose-message box.
3. Select the Animoji icon. (It looks like a monkey.)
4. Choose your favorite emoji (the poop) and tap the record button in the bottom right.
5. Become the large emoji you’ve always dreamed of.
6. Tap send when you’re ready to share!